A sad incident occurred yesterday at a Chinese restaurant in Adeniran Ogunsanya street, Surulere, Lagos, as it was gathered that a drunk man died after mistakenly drinking an insecticide at the restaurant.

Drunk man dies after mistakenly drinking insecticide at Lagos restaurant lailasnews

The deceased who proceeded to hangout with friends at the restaurant after attending a wedding at Aguda, Surulere where he got drunk, drank the insecticide a staff of the restaurant had inadvertently left inside an empty bottle of water on his table.

The drunk man who ended up taking the insecticide instead of the bottle of water he ordered for, died while being rushed to hospital shortly after he opened up to his friends, that he took something thinking it was water.

Drunk man dies after mistakenly drinking insecticide at Lagos restaurant lailasnews 1

The Manager of the Restaurant was arrested and detained at Bode Thomas Police Station, after the drunk man incident was reported.

There has been over 5 stories of Nigerians who died after drinking sniper this year alone.

Just last week, a young Nigerian university admission-seeker simply identified as Loveth committed suicide in Ekiugbo, Ughelli North local government area of Delta State. Loveth by taking three bottles of Sniper.

According to sources, Loveth had gone to check her UTME result on Tuesday and discovered to her shock that she had scored far lower than she had expected and would not secure admission to the university to study her ‘dream course.’ The 18-year-old reportedly left the centre distraught and wept profusely before killing herself.

Another Nigerian dead after drinking Sniper was a 37-year-old lady simply identified as Banke. Banke committed suicide by drinking Sniper first week of Mrch 2018.

According to her friend, Esther Ijewere, Banke became depressed when things weren’t working for her. She couldn’t get a job for years and was in a violent relationship for two years before locking herself up in a room and took Sniper.

The Sniper insecticide is very popular in Nigeria. It has been known as the most effective method of driving away insects including mosquitoes, cockroaches and more.

However, on the bottle, it is clearly written that it is not meant for human consumption.

Check Also!!
SEE ALSO:   Our focus is to take Nigerians out of poverty – Osinbajo
Call +2349034012153 or Chat with us on whatsapp For Music Promo